Κυριακή 8 Νοεμβρίου 2015

Garlic Mashed Potatoes



recipe image


These potatoes are Great with stuffing and your Thanksgiving meal. You'll want to make them all the time. My family loves them so much that I use the recipe for 20 lbs of potatoes. I use lots of garlic. The flavors blend better over night.


  • 8-10 Medium size Potatoes
  • 1/4 cup of Milk (or evaporated milk)
  • 8 oz Philadelphia (Philly) cream cheese
  • 8 oz Sour Cream
  • Little Paprika - sprinkle over the top
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
  • Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt, Garlic Powder, real or minced garlic to taste


Peel the potatoes after washing and keep in cold water with some ice (or they turn brown) till all are cut in small (cook faster) size squares or pieces. Then none will get over done and taste burnt.
Cooking: I put a little salt in my water, cover potatoes with water and cook at low/medium temp. After heating them a while keep stirring all the time to keep from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and test with a fork till the fork goes through. It might boil over if not watching. I don't cook them fast. If they start to foam up, stir and it'll go down. If they stay foamed up they need stirred more often and I turn the heat down, test them, keep stirring on low heat & let them finish cooking.
Then you strain the water off but right away while the potatoes are Hot -start them with a mixer w/milk & butter- (or margarine)
If you have a big enough bowl to mix in I have my Philly, sour cream and butter ingredients no milk - mixed up and ready for the hot potatoes.
Pour your potatoes in and start mixing. You don't want soupy potatoes with to much liquid. If they are kinda dry or hard to mix then you add a little milk so that they are smooth. That's why I add my milk last. I only add what I need. And I put in my mixer and let them mix up stirring the edges into the center so every potato gets mixed.
During the mixing process I add minced garlic start with 2 Tablespoons or 3. Add garlic salt and garlic powder. Salt and Pepper.
Taste them and if they need more garlic add minced and or garlic salt. Just go for the taste you want. They will taste better over night. Then when finished pout in a 13-9 pan and sprinkle a little paprika over the top for looks. Cover with foil and let cool then put in refrigerator over night. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Source:

http://www.cookingwithnonna.com/italian-cuisine/garlic-mashed-potatoes.html

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου